Are you considering purchasing a folding mobility scooter? If so, you’re making a smart choice. Folding mobility scooters not only make it easier for people with limited mobility to get around but they have some significant advantages, such as convenience, real portability, ease of storage, and affordability. Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of folding scooters.
1. Convenience and Portability
One of the biggest advantages of folding scooters is their convenience and portability. Unlike traditional power wheelchairs, folding mobility scooters can be folded up and stored in the back of a car or on public transportation without taking up too much space. This means that they’re ideal for those who need to travel frequently, and those who don’t have access to large vehicles such as vans and makes them a convenient option for people who need to use a mobility scooter on the go. Some models also come with removable batteries, making them even more portable than other options on the market.
2. Lightweight & Easy To Manoeuvre
Another advantage of fold-up mobility scooters is that they are relatively lightweight and easy to maneuver. This makes a folding scooter a fantastic option for anyone who needs a mobility scooter but struggles to lift or carry heavy objects.
3. Ease of Storage
Folding scooters are also easy to store when they are not in use. They can be folded up and placed in a closet or other small space, which makes them a good option for people who have limited storage space in their homes.
4. Safety Features
Folding mobility scooters are generally equipped with several safety features that make them equally as safe as larger or more traditional power wheelchairs. For example, many models come with adjustable seat belts, anti-tip wheels, headlight systems for nighttime use, and adjustable speed control settings for added safety while driving.
Today’s folding scooters may be lightweight and easy to fold and store, but this doesn’t mean that comfort is compromised. Many feature padded armrests, thick padded seating for added comfort during longer rides, adjustable seating to the user’s height and weight, and adjustable handlebars to the user’s preferred height can help ensure a comfortable and natural posture while riding.
Folding Scooters – An Excellent Option
All these features make folding mobility scooters an excellent option for those who might otherwise struggle with regular power wheelchairs due to physical or medical limitations.
Examples of Folding Scooters
Examples of some of the foldings scooters we have in stock at the time of writing this post include:
- The Monarch Air, Manual Fold Mobility Scooter. This is the lightest of the folding scooters but is made from super-strong magnesium alloy. Four 8” PU wheels, solid front and back, 120W brushless motor with 10Ah battery included, 6-mile range, and a max speed of 4 mph.
- Monarch Mojo Lit Automatic Folding Mobility Scooter. Incredibly lightweight and automatically folds in 15 seconds. It’s an airline-friendly, 4-wheeled folding mobility scooter that’s robust enough to carry a maximum user weight of 135kg (21 stone), and has a range of 9 miles!
- We also have a used Monarch Mojo Automatic Folding Mobility Scooter (Teal) with puncture-proof tires, an automatic electromagnetic braking system and powerful LED lights at the front of the scooter.
- A used TGA Minimo, a lightweight mobility scooter that’s compact, and easily stored and transported. The folding mechanism can be operated with the use of just one hand and only takes a matter of seconds to complete.
Contact Us Today About Folding Scooters
In conclusion, folding mobility scooters offer numerous advantages such as convenience and portability, affordability, comfort, safety, and affordability. They are an excellent option for anyone looking for an easy way to get around without compromising on safety or comfort while doing so! If you’re looking into purchasing a folding mobility scooter call us today and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have about them.