Stairlifts are an invaluable tool for anyone that has difficulty navigating stairs. With their help, you can easily and safely navigate stairs with the press of a button. This guide will discuss the main features and benefits of stairlifts so that you can make an informed decision about whether or not they are right for you.
Stairlifts Weston Super Mare
If you’re looking for local support with stairlifts Weston Super Mare or stairlifts Bristol this may have led you to our website. Through our partnership with Acorn stairlifts, we can bring you the best quality and service possible.
Stairlifts are devices that are installed on stairways to assist people with mobility challenges, such as those with disabilities or limited mobility due to age, to safely and comfortably move between floors of a building.
Features of Stairlifts
The main features of a stairlift typically include a seat, footrest, armrests, and a track or rail system that the chair rides on. Some stairlifts may also have additional features such as seat belts, remote controls, and swivel seats. When it comes to safety, modern stairlifts come equipped with several important features. One such feature is an obstruction sensor that detects any obstructions on the stairs and immediately stops the lift from moving forward. Other safety features include seat belts, armrests, and footrests to protect riders while they’re in transit. These features provide peace of mind and make riding a stairlift as safe as possible.
Most modern stairlifts, especially Acorn Stairlifts also come equipped with easy-to-use controls and intuitive user interfaces to make navigation simple and straightforward. Many models come with remote control operation as well as joystick controls that allow users to operate their lifts without having to get up from their seat or stoop down low to reach buttons on the side of the lift railings. The controls are typically placed at a level height so users don’t have to bend down too far when using them.
The Key Benefits Of Stairlifts
The benefits of a stairlift include:
- Increased mobility and independence for people with disabilities or limited mobility
- Improved safety when going up and down stairs
- Reduced risk of falls and injuries related to stair use
Straight or Curved Stairlifts
There are two main types of stairlifts, straight and curved. Straight stairlifts are designed for use on stairways that have straight runs and no turns or landings. These are generally a little less expensive than curved stairlifts and are also easier to install.
Curved stairlifts are designed for use on stairways that have turns, landings, or other custom features. These stairlifts can cost a little more than straight stairlifts and take a little more time to install due to the need to custom-build the rail system to match the specific dimensions of the staircase. Curved stairlifts are generally more complex to make and install, but they can provide better accessibility for users with uniquely shaped staircases. In both cases, it is important to consult with professionals in the field of accessibility and stairlifts for assessment and fitting. WM UK Mobility, established in Weston-super-Mare in 2010 and now based in Worle is the leading North Somerset stairlift company.
Our Partnership With Acorn Stairlifts
Our partnership with Acorn Stairlifts means that you get the superior service, products, and expertise of a leading national manufacturer, supplier, and installer of quality British-built stairlifts. They offer a range of different types of stairlifts to meet the diverse needs of their customers. Some of the types of stairlifts that they may supply include:
- Straight stairlifts: These stairlifts, such as the The Acorn 130, are designed for use on stairways that have straight runs and no turns or landings. Acorn’s straight stairlifts are designed with simplicity and ease of use in mind, and comes in different models
- Curved stairlifts: These stairlifts, such as the Acorn 180, are designed for use on stairways that have turns, landings, or other custom features. They are built with precision and customised to match the unique specifications of each individual staircase.
- Outdoor stairlifts: These stairlifts, such as the Acorn 130, are designed for use on outdoor stairways and can be exposed to the elements. They are built to withstand the elements and come with weather-resistant features.
- Platform stairlifts: These stairlifts are designed for use by individuals who use wheelchairs or mobility scooters. The lift platform itself is large enough to accommodate a wheelchair or scooter, allowing the user to enter and exit the lift without having to transfer from their wheelchair.
Please note that the specific models and options offered by Acorn may change over time but we’ve included the current information here as an example. To find out more about which Acorn stairlifts or Companion stairlift models and options we currently offer call us today on 01934 516896 or visit our popular mobility shop in Worle High Street. We’ll be happy to help and answer any of your questions.
Contact Our Weston Super Mare Stairlifts Team
Stairlifts provide an invaluable service for those who struggle getting up and down stairs due to mobility issues or age-related conditions. They are designed with safety in mind, can be installed on straight or curved staircases (or outdoors!), come with customisation options, and are incredibly easy to use. Whether you live in a multi-storey home or just need help climbing a few steps, investing in a stairlift could be the best decision you ever make. We hope this guide has been helpful and once you have found the stairlift that meets all your needs and suits your budget, enjoy your newfound mobility!